Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Heart Inn, Saladan, Koh Lanta

The Heart Inn, Saladan, Koh Lanta

The Heart Inn is one of those places that reminds me why travelling around Thailand can be so nice, clean and cheap rooms with all mod cons! During my last IDC that I conducted on Koh Lanta, during February/March 2011 I stayed here and for the up and coming IDC for March/April 2011 I will stay here again!

The room I stayed in had a/c, a mini fridge, cable TV, wifi and a shower with hot and cold water for well under 1.000,-THB per night!
The reception/lobby area also offers internet service.

Fair enough, it's not on the beach, although walk out the reception, hang a left and walk 500 meters and you're on a beach! The Heart doesn't have a pool neither, which I never use during when stay somewhere during work, so this comes at no big loss to me. The bathroom was interesting and funny though, some real creativity was used, have a look here.

One other real benefit of this Inn is that you're within walking distance of pretty much all restaurants, banks and shopping in Saladan and the motorbike taxis take you for a few Baht to the nearby Long Beach where there are even more restaurant options. The Inn's location is also in a very quiet small street off the main road pretty much in 'downtown' Saladan.

For people leaving with the ferries, it's also within walking distance of said ferries, location is everything!

All in all, great location and excellent value, what else can I say?

Booking by Agoda

Booking by Hotels Combined


Guest room


Guest room


Guest room


Guest room


Reception/lobby area

No comments: